BECA, INC – EDNA R. ANTHONY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
BECA, INCORPORATED – P.O. BOX 42039 – CHARLOTTE, NC 28215
Phone : 704-236-6067
Fax : 704-731-0647
The Women of BECA Inc would like to announce their Edna R. Anthony Scholarship winners.
Sydne’ Anderson from Louisville, KY – Fisk University – Major – Nursing
Nafessa Shabazz-Edges – from Port Gibson, Mississippi – attending Grambling State University – Major Course – Political Science/Criminal Justice
Coravn Nesmith – from Salisbury, NC – attending Winston-Salem – -Major Course – Nursing
Symone Curry- from Charlotte, NC – Phillip O. Berry High School- Attending – NC Central University-Major – Nursing
Brooklyn Scott - from Worton, MD – Kent County High School- Attending –Clark Atlanta University-Major – Criminal Justice/Political Science w/concentration in Forensic Science.
Congratulations to All!
Scholarship Award Criteria:
- Candidates must be enrolled as a high school senior and must maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
- Eligible Candidates must attend a Historically Black College or University and declare a major in Criminal Justice, Journalism or Nursing/Healthcare.
- Candidates must submit a completed application.
- Candidates must submit a 1000 word essay on “Why I want to pursue a career in one of the following areas of study: Nursing/Healthcare – Criminal Justice/Political Science – Journalism/Communication”. The essay must be double spaced and in 12 pt font.
- One time scholarship in the amount of $1000 each, submitted by August of Freshman year of college.
- Application and essay may be mailed to BECA, Inc., P.O. Box 42039, Charlotte, NC 28215, or faxed to 704-731-0647.
- Deadline for entries is annually on April 15.
- Candidates must submit their high school transcript.
- Scholarship winners will be announced annually on May 15.
Click here to download and send the application by mail to:
P.O. Box 42039
Charlotte, NC 28215
For more information, you may also visit www.scholarships.com Or Visit Us On Facebook at WomenofBeca